Employment Readiness Training
Our Employment Readiness training aims to change participants’ attitudes toward authority, culture, and peers, enabling them to succeed in further skills training or education programs and in the workplace.
The employment model is the Job Readiness training, a four-week workshop that takes tough love, no excuses approach to work readiness. This curriculum delves into the root causes of a person’s inability to obtain and keep a job, mentoring participants towards the attitudes and workplace behaviors they need to overcome employment obstacles and transform their lives. Activities are conducted through individual and team-based assignments, in-class exercises, and classroom seminars and cover the following components:
- Soft-skills training (the attitudinal/motivational component)
- Job readiness (Resume Building, Interviewing
- Career development (Networking, Effective Communication)
- Computer skills training
- Customer service
- Workplace Ethics & Behavior
- Dressing for Success (Career Gear)
- Goal Setting
A certificate is awarded upon completion of each class.