First Integrated Xchange(FIX) is a program for people who use drugs by injection (PWID). FIX is an essential component of a comprehensive set of programs designed to reduce the spread of HIV and other blood-borne infections among people who inject drugs, their families, and communities.
Our programs provide new, sterile syringes and clean injection equipment in exchange for used, contaminated syringes. Additionally, we provide people who use drugs(PWUDs) advice on how to inject more safely and what to do in the event of an overdose. A free Naloxone kit on reversing opiate overdoses i.e. overdoses from drugs like heroin, morphine, and methadone is made available along with training in how to use it.
To reduce the harm taking drugs causes we also provide pre-injection swabs, foil, cooking spoons, filters, and citric acid. We can also provide you with:
- Sharps bins for safe needle disposal in smaller and larger sizes, holding approximately 20 or 40 syringes.
- Wound care packs containing bandages and sterile dressings for short-term first aid.
- Blood-borne virus testing and support if you are at risk or have shared equipment.
- Naloxone training and supply – a lifesaving drug that temporarily reverses the effects of an opioid overdose.
- Sexual health advice along with condoms, lubricants, and pregnancy tests.
Download our free APP FIX for easy access to services.